At ICS Software we know that most of our clients are aware of the revenue drain caused by missed appointments. Experts estimate that “no-shows” and late cancellations cost our healthcare system in excess of $150 billion dollars a year. For an individual practice, that number breaks out to be between $100 and $1,000 per missed appointment depending on your specialty and the location of your practice.
But that loss of income is only part of the story. It doesn’t even include:
- The additional cost of the time that your staff has to use to use to shuffle the day and re-book missed appointments.
- The increased cost of care for sick patients who have now delayed evaluation and treatment.
More than money, however, “no-shows” can negatively impact patient satisfaction with your practice. Patients who are trying to book an appointment may be put off and frustrated by the long wait time to get in to see the podiatrist and yet there are empty slots left by “no-shows” each day. Plus, the longer wait time for patients trying to get in to see you can result in increased medical costs for them as well.
MX Appointments to the Rescue
Fortunately, we have a way to help slow the loss of revenue and patient satisfaction with MX Appointments. Our innovative software package actually reduces your staff’s workload by automating and handling confirmation calls for upcoming appointments.
How it works in a nutshell:
- Each day all of your upcoming appointments for the next three days are automatically sent to our processing center.
- Patients receive a reminder email three days before an upcoming appointment. They will have the opportunity to click on a link to confirm their appointment. You can also customize the email to have a link that goes to your office in real time showing the patient needs to be contacted.
- If the email does not produce a confirmation of the appointment, the patient will receive a text two days before the appointment through which they can reply “Y” to confirm.
- If the appointment is still unconfirmed, we will call the patient the night before the appointment—two attempts will be made.
- Finally, patients receive a text reminder two hours before the appointment.
- Your office receives a printable status report of the day’s appointments.
MX Appointments can greatly reduce the number of no-shows and late cancellations your office experiences. This will improve both patient satisfaction and outcomes as well as your bottom line. To learn more, contact us by calling: (877) 624-3250.